Painting Services in Oklahoma City
Complete Interior and Exterior Painting for All Properties
Eventually, your beautiful home is going to need a fresh coat of paint. Whether the paint on the outside of your home has begun to peel as a result of constant exposure to the elements or you would like a modern color in your living room, Icon Roofing and Solar is here to help. Our Oklahoma City painting professionals are quick and efficient at every painting job. We have what it takes to get the job done right the first time.
Painting the interior of a home takes a lot more effort than just showing up and painting the walls. There is a good deal of prep and clean up involved to ensure that the only surface of a room that is getting paint is the walls.
When you work with our professionals you can expect the following:
- Covering and/or masking every surface: Any surface or piece of furniture that is not to be painted must be covered with a plastic cover to decrease the possibility of damage.
- Drywall care: If there are any holes or cracks in the drywall, those must be repaired before the paint can go on.
- Cleaning the walls: To ensure the paint sticks to the wall well, it must be thoroughly cleaned with soap and water.
- Caulking: If there are cracks around windowsills or baseboards, they must be sealed with caulk before the paint can go on.
- Scraping and sanding: Any loose or peeling paint must be sanded away to create an even painting surface.
- Painting: This step is when we actually paint the requested service.
- Cutting in: Cutting in is when we paint the edges to ensure the entire canvas looks even and clean.
- Clean up: Once the painting is completed and the surface is dry, we remove all coverings and masking.
- A final inspection: Every painting job is inspected to ensure it was completed correctly.
While it may seem like painting the exterior of a house is simple and straightforward, there are steps we must complete to ensure the paint sticks to the surface correctly and it lasts as long as possible.
These steps include:
- Power washing: Just like with interior painting, an exterior paint job needs a clean service to ensure the paint will stick. Since we are working with the outside of a house, we need to clean the surface with a power wash tool.
- Trenching: The next step to ensure the surface we paint is clean is to rake the trenches near the foundation of the house. This ensures that the paint will reach all areas of the exterior.
- Masking: Any surfaces that will not be painted, like the windows and trim of the house, must be sectioned off with masking tape and coverings.
- Scraping: If there is any paint peeling away from the house after the power wash, we will scrape it off to ensure the new coat is spread across the surface evenly.
- Drywall care: If there is damage to the drywall, it must be properly repaired and sealed.
- Caulking: Any cracks around windows and doors must be sealed with caulk before paint can touch the surface.
- Primer: Since the exterior of a home is exposed to the elements, it needs a coat of primer to create a strong adhesive. This will ensure the paint job lasts for a long time.
- Painting: We paint every requested exterior surface including walls, garage doors, and entry doors.
- Clean up: We never leave behind a mess for our customers to clean up. Our professionals remove all masking and coverings and leave behind a clean property.
- Inspection: Every painting job is inspected to ensure it was completed correctly.
“Everyone I have been in contact with has been kind and communication was great.”