Garage Door Services in Oklahoma City
An essential component of a home that not many people consider is the garage door. This piece of equipment is not only responsible ensuring the belongings inside your garage are secure and safe from exposure to the elements, but it also can boost curb appeal. As a central component to your house, the garage door can make or break the overall appearance of the property. At Icon Roofing and Solar, our professionals can help you find the perfect door to fit your aesthetic and create an eye catching first impression.
From simple repairs such as replacing worn springs to more complex issues, you can rely on our team of professionals to get the job done right. At every garage door repair appointment, we thoroughly check every component of a garage door to find the root cause of the issue so we can properly diagnose and fix the problem.
Even the most well-maintained garage door will eventually need a replacement. Fortunately, there are tell-tale signs that indicate your door is not functioning at its best.
These signs include:
- The Door Is Sagging: Wooden garage doors suffer the most from sagging. If the wood is not regularly maintained, it can retain moisture from the elements and begin to rot away. Doors made of other materials can sag over time too, but the issue at the root could be something serious.
- Noise or Shaking: If your garage door makes strange noises or visibly shakes when it opens or closes, it could mean you need a replacement. While these symptoms don’t mean that something is definitely broken, it does mean that the door should be examined to see if it needs a repair or replacement.
- Damaged Wood: Just like any other wooden object, a wooden garage door can experience damage such as cracking, rot, or broken pieces. If you notice any of these obvious signs of wear and tear you may want to replace the entire door.
- Outdated Safety Features: Even if your older model garage door is working well, the safety features installed could be outdated or they may have succumbed to age and don’t work as effectively as newer models.
- The Design Is Outdated: If your home has a retro feel, you may not mind having a vintage garage door. However, if you have recently updated your home, you may wish to install a current garage door model to keep up with modern trends.
- It Is Difficult to Close and Open: If you notice that it is harder for the door to open and close than usual, it could mean that it is in need of a repair or replacement. Depending on the severity of the underlying cause, it could be more cost-effective to replace the entire door.
“Everyone I have been in contact with has been kind and communication was great.”